Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (IFD)
A Pathway to International Degree Qualifications
TMUC is the approved centre to offer NCC IFD Level 3 programme in Pakistan. The Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies (Code: L3IFDHES) formally called the International Foundation Year (IFY) is a one year pre-university qualification which includes a significant degree of English language teaching. The qualification is designed to provide an entry route to UK and international university courses or progression onto the NCC Education Level 4 Diplomas in Computing, Business and Business IT.
NCC Pakistan Centres:
TMUC Rawalpindi Centre
Ms. Naveeda Haq email@example.com,
Address: No. 80, Street no.1 TMUC Bahria Springs, Phase 7, Bahria Town, Rawalpindi, 46000, Pakistan
TMUC DHA Lahore
Ms. Batool Eldred firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 310/1, Sector F, Phase 6 DHA, Lahore Pakistan
TMUC DHA Karachi
Ms. Nida Zahid Khi.email@example.com
Address: Plot No.130 & 130/1, National Highway Phase 1 DHA Karachi, Pakistan
IFD Level 3 Eligibility for Pakistan
- In case of Cambridge qualifications, minimum 5 O level subjects and two A-Level subjects are required to get admission (A-E Grade).
- Baccalaureate (IB).
- Applicants who have successfully completed *FA/ICS/ICOM/FSc
- Special Entry: Candidates awaiting results, and/or who have planned to reappear in HSSC programme can be given conditional entry onto IFD Level 3 programme (Terms & conditions apply)
IFD Level 3 Programme Structure
To complete the qualification a student must study and pass eight units.
The qualification consists of six core units:
- Developing English Language Skills– This module helps students to develop English language skills to be able to communicate effectively beyond simple everyday contexts. It aims to improve one’s reading, writing, listening and speaking and enables student to acquire a broad range of knowledge which can be used to confidently and effectively communicate in English. It guides students through Intermediate and Upper Intermediate levels of English language study.
- Advanced English Language Skills– This module enables a student to put into practice the language acquired and develop this into an advanced user of English. Students will make extensive use of the four skills of speaking, reading, listening and writing, as well as extending the knowledge of complex grammar and advanced vocabulary.
- English for Academic Purposes– This module helps students to develop the understanding and use of key linguistic skills where necessary to engage effectively in an academic environment.
- Study and Communication Skills– This module equips students with the essential study skills needed to succeed at university level. Students will learn the basic skills necessary to conduct independent research, write academic papers, give formal oral presentations and apply what has been taught during lectures to your studies.
- Culture Studies– This module enables students to gain awareness and an increased understanding of other cultures. Students will learn about various features of a foreign country and its culture, with a particular focus on student life and studying abroad.
- Foundation Mathematics– This module builds upon student’s knowledge of mathematics whilst introducing new topics appropriate across a range of academic disciplines and for their future career.
A further two units must be taken from a choice of eight electives:
- Introduction to Computer Science– This module provides a basic introduction to a range of IT topics including organisation of a computer system, the relationship between hardware and software, applications of computers, databases, networking (with a focus on the Internet), graphics and multimedia.
- Introduction to Programming– This module exposes students to extensive practical use of the modern programming language Visual Basic, to illustrate the classic programming principles of sequencing, selection and iteration in the context of object-oriented computer programming.
- Introduction to Business– This module provides an introduction to the purpose, types and organisation of businesses. Students become familiar with a range of business concepts such as basic marketing practices.
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics– This module introduces the key principles of accounting and economics. Students become accustomed to concepts such as market structures and monetary policy and also learn how to produce simple financial statements.
- Further Mathematics– This module provides students with an understanding of different mathematical concepts and ideas, building on the work covered in the Foundation Mathematics module. It will allow students to develop further algebraic techniques on a broad range of mathematical topics, building towards area often seen and used in university courses.
NCC work in partnership with our Accredited Partner Centres and partner universities to provide students with an affordable pathway to obtain a UK university degree or masters qualification in the areas of Business and Computing.
Their unique and student-centric supportive approach to providing this International Degree Pathway allows students the flexibility to enter or leave their degree journey at any point.
NCC Education qualifications have boosted the careers of over 1,000,00 students worldwide, having gone on to work for multinational companies, SMEs or setting up their own businesses
NCC qualifications are recognised by universities, professional bodies and employers worldwide. They have built our reputation as a quality education provider and awarding organisation through developing stringent quality assurance processes to ensure that qualifications, Accredited Partner Centres and services are of the same high-quality standard throughout the world.
Universities that guarantee NCC Education students a place on their chosen course after successful completion of NCC Education qualifications. NCC Education is very proud to hold guaranteed entry agreements with Bangor University, Birmingham City University, Carroll University, CQU University, Limerick Institute of Technology, Liverpool Hope University, National College of Ireland and the University of Derby.
For more information, please click on the link below: